We hope you’re enjoying the holiday season! The hard-working elves at First Book are doing everything they can to get new books into the hands of kids in need this winter, and you’ve got the chance to do the same.
Your generous donations to First Book have a significant impact – $2.50 provides a new book for a child from a low-income home, and this holiday season, our friends at Disney are matching every $1 donation with another new book. Click here to donate to First Book.
But there are other ways you can get new books to kids in need! There are all kinds of great companies who support our mission, so you can make a difference while taking care of your holiday shopping:
- Build-A-Bear Workshop will donate 50 cents to First Book for every Read Teddy they sell this Christmas season. This stuffed bear is fuzzy, cute, and has a jaunty expression we’re quite fond of.
- philosophy is donating 100% of the net proceeds from all sales of their sweet dreams fresh cream shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath to First Book. Do good and feel good!
- Altruette makes all sorts of beautiful charms, and donates half the proceeds of every sale to a the cause represented by the charm. Lovely! This Christmas, sales of their ABC Book Charm will benefit First Book.
- Baking for Good is a great online bakery where every purchase supports your choice of a great big list of charitable causes. When you buy all the cookies you could possibly want and/or afford, enter “First Book” as the cause you want to support, and 15% of your order will go to provide new books for kids in need.
- I See Me! makes really cool personalized books for kids – stories with a special child’s name in them. And when you check out, if you enter “firstbook” as a coupon code, they’ll will donate 10% of sales to First Book … plus you’ll get 10% off your order.
You can find more about these great partners, and others like them, on our website. Good luck with your holiday shopping!